Options for Funding Your Ed
Everything you need to know about how to save money during your teacher prep.
Get the financial support you need to become a teacher.
Ace Financial Aid
If you don’t apply for financial aid, you’ll have to pay for your preparation out of pocket, as it’s due. But when you apply for financial aid, you can receive scholarships, grants and loans to help you pay for your undergrad or grad preparation, so you can focus on what’s truly important: becoming an awesome teacher!
What types of aid are available for prospective teachers?
There are five types of financial aid for traditional programs: grants, scholarships, student loans, loan forgiveness and work-study. To learn more about these options, check out About Financial Aid.
Are there ways I can save money?
In addition to earning scholarships and grants, there are several ways to reduce or eliminate the cost of your preparation.
- Earn a salary while going to school. Some prep programs have partnerships in their communities so students can begin their work in schools before they’ve completed the program.
- Get licensed while an undergrad. If you earn your license and your bachelor’s at the same time, you can save the expense of a post-graduate program. You can always decide to get your master’s degree after you’ve started teaching!
When should I apply for aid?
Scholarship, grant and internship opportunities, including FAFSA, have various deadlines to keep track of. Your educator preparation program might also have a list of aid options available. Look through the Aid Explorer to see what funds you qualify for and when your applications are due.
How do I apply for aid?
One of the easiest ways to apply for aid for undergrad or grad school is through the FAFSA. Most scholarship, grant and internship opportunities offer instructions for applying on their websites. Feel free to contact the financial aid office at the educator preparation program you plan to attend before you apply as well. They can help you determine your eligibility and options for aid, as well as walk you through how to apply.
Application Fees? We’ve Got You Covered.
We know applying to educator preparation programs can add up. Colorado offers ways to lighten the load, like the Colorado Department of Higher Education's free application day in the fall. TEACH Colorado also offers up to $100 covered towards your application and testing expenses.
Create an Account
Sign up for your free, all-access pass to TEACH Colorado products and services.
- Create a career roadmap.
- Get 1-on-1 expert advice.
- Follow how-to guides for getting licensed.
- Access prep program application checklists.
- Claim fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
We’re always working on something new to help the next generation of great teachers. With an account, you get first dibs!
Enter your email to get the updates that matter.
- Career insights.
- Teacher spotlights.
- Think pieces on the state of education.
- Deadline reminders.
You can always customize what and when you hear from us.